Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
02 February 2022
You agree to (1) these terms and conditions and (2) our Privacy Statement by using and/or accessing our Journal Website RIEEL.COM ("Rieel.com", "RIEEL", "Review of International and European Economic Law" or the "Website").
RIEEL grants you permission to access and use the website as defined in these Terms of Service if you accept these Terms and Conditions.
Ability to accept
You confirm that you are either (1) above 18 or (2) over 13 and that you are either an emancipated minor or have valid parental or guardian approval. You also confirm that you are completely capable of entering into the terms, conditions, and obligations.
Review of International and European Economic Law (RIEEL) - RIEEL.COM
Review of International and European Economic Law (RIEEL) is a semestral international peer-reviewed open-access journal publishing the most relevant research on International Economic Law & European Economic Law: taxation, trade, investments, financial legislation, and development cooperation, among others.
RIEEL owns or licenses the text, software, scripts, graphics, images, sounds, videos, and other content on our Website and the trademarks, service marks, and logos ("Marks"). Under Spanish and European law, all copyright, trademark, service marks, and other intellectual property on this website are protected and subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights. This site is under construction, and we reserve the right to make modifications at any moment.
- These Terms of Service apply to all RIEEL.com users, including contributors of user comments, blogs, video content, information, and other items or services on the Science Website.
- Throughout this Policy, "Rieel.com", "RIEEL", "Review of International and European Economic Law", or the "website" may be used interchangeably.
RIEEL and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights to all material on RIEEL unless otherwise specified. Spanish and European law reserve and preserve all intellectual property rights. You may download this for personal use from RIEEL, subject to the terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from RIEEL.
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from RIEEL.
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from RIEEL.
- Redistribute content from RIEEL.
- Illegally use any RIEEL content.
Users may download material from this site for personal, noncommercial use only (one machine-readable copy and one print copy per page). It is strictly forbidden to alternate or remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice. RIEEL demands prior written authorization for any future reproduction, distribution, transmission, display, publication, or broadcast unless otherwise stated below.
Review of International and European Economic Law is a GOLD OPEN ACCESS Journal, so the use of the final published version of the articles (or Version of Record) is permanently and freely available online for anyone, anywhere, to read.
All our open access articles are licensed by the respective authors for use and distribution by you, subject to citation of the authors and source following the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY) license.
Users of our journal(s) are required to cite the original source, including the author's names, the Journal as the initial source of publication, year of publication, volume number and DOI (if available).
The submitted manuscript may be published in any other journal or media by the authors. Still, any later publication must include a statement that RIEEL first published the article, and if possible, must have a link to the publication in our journal.
To use some of the website's features, you must first register and establish an account. Various services provided on the websites, such as social networking features and forums, may need you to register individual accounts for each service. It is not permitted to use another person's account. You commit to submitting accurate and complete information when creating your account. You are solely responsible for all activity on or in connection with your account, and you undertake to use reasonable measures to keep your account password safe. You undertake to immediately alert RIEEL of any security breach or unauthorized use of your account.
RIEEL may cancel a user's access to the website or account at its sole discretion.
You agree not to use RIEEL:
- To exploit, injure, or attempt to exploit or harm others, including children, in any way, including by exposing them to inappropriate content, requesting personal identifying information, or otherwise.
- For advertising or promotional material, including "junk mail," "chain letters," "spam," mass mail, or similar solicitations, must be sent or procured.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate RIEEL, any RIEEL staff member, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses connected with any of the above or by spoofing RIEEL's or another's identity).
- To falsify headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers (such as URLs) to conceal the origin of any content.
- To make a false claim about your relationship with someone or something.
- To disrupt the usual flow of discourse or generally act in a way that makes it difficult for other users to utilize our services.
- To act in a manner that might jeopardize a fiduciary or contractual relationship.
- (Unless such users have expressly authorized us) To gather or store personal data about them on our website.
- To engage in any behaviour that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of our website, or that may harm RIEEL or our users, or expose them or us to liability, as decided by us.
- To disable, overburden, damage, or impair the website, including their ability to engage in real-time activities through Rieel.com, or interfere with any other party's service use.
- (Without the previous authorization of an authorized RIEEL representative) To use any robot, spider, or another automatic device, method, or means for any reason, including monitoring or duplicating any content.
- (Without the prior authorization of an authorized RIEEL representative) Use any manual procedure to monitor or copy any content or other unlawful purposes.
- To any other way that is contrary to our Terms & Conditions.
- Where permitted by Rieel.com, a user may submit textual (including comments and articles), audiovisual and other types of content to us or our services. You hereby waive any privacy expectations you may have concerning any user submission to the website, including any comments, photos, videos, or other data or information you send to the website.
- You agree that any submission you post to the website may be viewed, rated, reviewed, and commented on by the general public. You recognize and agree that after you submit anything and make it available to users, RIEEL has no duty to remove, delete, or disable its access or return it to you.
- You retain copyright in your submissions. By submitting content, you grant RIEEL a worldwide, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and any other use by RIEEL (and its successors and affiliates), including without limitation the promotion and redistribution on our present or future media channels. You also grant each user of the website a nonexclusive, irrevocable license to access your submissions via our website or journal and to use, reproduce, distribute, display, and perform such submissions following RIEEL's guidelines.
- You agree not to submit anything containing any copyrighted material, protected by trade secret, or otherwise subject to third-party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you own or have permission from the rightful owner of such rights to post the material and grant RIEEL all of the license rights outlined herein. You represent and warrant that you own or have the relevant licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to upload a submission.
- You undertake not to contribute anything defamatory, disparaging, obscene, infringing on the rights of others, or in violation of local, national, or international laws and regulations.
- You agree that RIEEL may, at its sole discretion, remove or prevent access to, in whole or in part, any material submitted by you, for any reason or no reason, including any material it deems in violation of its standards.
Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge and accept that your use of the website is at your own risk. To the fullest extent permissible by law, RIEEL makes no warranties or claims concerning the accuracy or completeness of the information of this website or any other website linked to it, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any:
- any errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the content;
- any personal injury or property damage of any kind resulting from your access to and use of the website;
- any unauthorized access to or use of RIEEL's secure servers or any personal information stored therein;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the website;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like that may be transmitted; or
- any content's errors or omissions, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred resulting from your use of the content posted, emailed, transmitted, or otherwise made available, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not RIEEL has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree that any dispute arising out of, relating to, or connected to this agreement will be construed and handled following Spanish and European law, excluding any choice of law principles. The courts of Barcelona will resolve any such disagreement entirely, to which you hereby consent to personal jurisdiction.
Regardless of whether you are located in Spain, our content is protected by law or has been registered in a timely or adequate manner under the Law 21/2014, of November 4, of the Intellectual Property Law; you agree that the remedy for any breach of this agreement that involves unauthorized access or other infringement of our intellectual property rights will be compensation for damages equivalent to the statutory damages recoverable under law.
You agree that you must file any claim against RIEEL arising out of or related to the website within one (1) year of the claim arising. Otherwise, such a cause of action will be barred indefinitely.
RIEEL respect others' intellectual property ownership rights. If you suspect your work has been copied in a way infringing on your copyright, please let us know by following the guidelines in our copyright infringement notice.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless RIEEL and its staff from and against any claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from:
- your use of and access to the website;
- your violation of these Terms and Conditions or any RIEEL policies;
- your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or intellectual property right; or
- your violation of any third-party right produced by any submission you did.
This commitment to defend and indemnify shall outlast these Terms and your use of the website.
You may not transfer or assign these Terms of Service or any rights or licenses granted hereunder, but RIEEL may do so without limitation.
RIEEL may, in its sole discretion, amend or revise its terms and policies at any time, with immediate effect, upon notice to you by (1) email or (2) posting on the site (which shall be deemed constructive notice). Following notice of such modification, your continuing use of the site shall conclusively constitute an acceptance of all such change(s).