CHRONICLE Global Tax Administrations’ Efficiency International Fiscal Cooperation and Governance. Wednesday, 30 May 2018
Keywords:Global Tax Governance, Tax Gap, Tax Compliance, Global tax models, International tax cooperation
The Institute of Fiscal Studies of Spain, 30 mayo de 2018:
International Congress Global Tax Administrations’ Efficiency International Fiscal Cooperation and Governance
The organization of the three conferences has been carried out by the Excellence Network DER 2017-90874-REDT (G.O.T.A-INTAXCOOP & GOV): The Global Observatory on Tax Agencies: Towards on the International Tax Cooperation and Global Governance, in collaboration with the Institute of Fiscal Studies of Madrid, the Department of Financial and Tax Law of the University and with the Department of the Vice Presidency of Economy and Finance of the “Generalitat de Catalunya”.
During these days were presented what are probably today the most significant Global Models on analysis/evaluation of the efficiency of the World Tax Administrations and/or Cooperation/international tax governance, i.e.
- The International Monetary Fund' system: TADAT (financed by the EU, the Tax Agencies of the Netherlands, Japan, the UK, etc), on diagnostic and evaluation of the Tax Agencies worldwide.
- The INTRA-EUROPEAN ORGANISATION OF TAX ADMINISTRAIONS.
- The INTER-AMERICAN CENTER FOR TAX ADMINISTRATION - CIAT (for Latin America)
- The GLOBAL OBSERVATORY ON TAX AGENCIES (G.O.T.A. - DER 2017-90874-REDT INTAXCOOP&GOV): Excellence Network led by the University of Barcelona and focused on the following three issues: A) The efficiency of the Tax Agencies worldwide; B) The international cooperation of the Tax Administrations and C) The Tax Governance worldwide.
In the different Workshops held in the cities of Madrid and Barcelona were presented:
- Panels that dealt with measures and improvements in the area of Cooperation in Direct, Indirect International Taxation and Customs, all top trends in International Taxation of the 21st century;
- Panels that dealt with "Trends and Challenges in International Tax Governance and, of course,
- Panels on proposals to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the World Tax Administrations.
Panels and Network of Excellence EXCELLENCE NETWORK: DER 2017-90874-REDT (GOTA-INTAXCOOP & GOV), which both Professor Eva Andrés Aucejo and Professor Andreu Olesti Rayo and the rest of the Network of Excellence Coordinators were pleased to open to all the Academy in case it was of interest both the attendance at any of the different forums, or also the participation as members of the research teams that compose it.
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2022 Eva Andrés Aucejo, Cristina García-Herrera Blanco, Montse Peretó García (Coordinator); Mari Cruz Barreiro, Ana María Guembe, Luis Muleiro, María Isabel Poza, Eva Rivera, Carmen Ruiz, Ana María Enríquez
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.